Get Free Music Every Friday

Click here and put in your email - I'll deliver a great song to your inbox every Friday!

Friday, July 26, 2019

7/4/19 George M. Cohan - Yankee Doodle Dandy

George M. Cohan - Yankee Doodle Dandy

When I was growing up, Channel 9 in New York used to pick a movie and run it over and over again for days. James Cagney in "Yankee Doodle Dandy" was one of those movies, and I think I memorized every line of every song in that movie. Cagney plays George M. Cohan (my namesake?) in a rollicking musical all singing, all dancing extravaganza. In honor of Independence Day, please enjoy these two songs from YANKEE DOODLE DANDY.
https://youtu.be/v4ze_OB1I5k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Johnny Paycheck - Take This Job and Shove It

  Johnny Paycheck: Take This Job And Shove It In honor of Labor Day... In honor of all the working folks out there, here is Johnny Payche...